The Outrageous Cake Academy – Two tier Wedgewood workshop
February 9 @ 9:30 am - 3:30 pm£130.00
Two tier Wedgewood cake Workshop
Saturday 9th February
Course duration: 6 hours
Cost: £130.00 per person (lunch included)
Skill level intermediate / improver
This workshop is designed to take your basic cake decorating skills to the next level. You will use a deeper coloured covering to highlight the piping techniques being used on this cake. Go home with a brush embroidered and piping skilled cake.
What you will learn:-
- How to prepare a cake for covering
- Advice on what drums and boards needed
- Take a look at the different types of sugar paste
- Cover the dummy top tier cake with sugar paste (the bottom tier dummy will be covered previously to aid in drying time for the brush embroidery work.)
- Take a look at how to stack a tiered cake.
- How to make Royal Icing
- The art of Brush Embroidery using Royal Icing.
- Practice some piping skills, (lines and scallops, shells and pearls, ect…
You will receive 2 dummy round cakes for decorating including any boards/drums and a box to take the finished cake home in. All products including sugar pastes, colouring, and icings etc.
We will supply all the equipment you need including an apron so you don’t have to worry about anything just turn up and have a fun time while learning a skill. All ingredients and equipment for the day are provided; you do not need to bring anything with you! Should you wish to buy any equipment used during the class, there will be a selection available to purchase.
Refreshment and a light lunch is included. Allergies can
The Countdown is On