An unrivalled place to work .
There’s nowhere else like the Suffolk Food Hall that can give you such a chance to work in, on and around local food.
We are always on the lookout for awesome people to fill vacancies in retail, food service, events and business management. Want to know more, or see the vacancies available scroll down to current openings.
Retail Assistant ~ Weekends ~ Closed
Hours: 16 – 24 hours per week, 2-3 days, Thursday to Sunday, shifts vary between 8.00am-6.30pm
you will need to be willing and available to work weekends.
Job Type: Part-time, Weekends
Experience: 1 year minimum
The Suffolk Food Hall is an award winning centre of excellence for local food with provenance and has recently been awarded 10 year Champion of Champions for Local Food (CA Rural Oscars).
We are currently searching for an enthusiastic and reliable individual who has a distinct passion for food along with the ability to deliver fantastic customer service to on the retail floor. You will work between the Food Hall and our Home and Garden department. You will need to be self-motivated and forward-thinking as well as practical and hard-working. Good communication and IT skills as well as previous retail experience is essential. You will report to the Head of Food Hall.
Duties will include:
- Providing outstanding customer service
- Cashier work
- Stock replenishment and checking off deliveries
- Merchandising and display
- Opening and closing checks, and daily cleaning duties.
Customer Service Assistant (Events) ~ Closed
Suffolk Food Hall is looking for a Customer Service Assistant to join the team to assist with incoming enquiries later in the week (Thursday / Friday) and at weekends. The successful candidate will develop an understanding of the business to be able to offer help to customers with differing enquiries.
The team member will also be able to offer assistance to the general running of the many functions that take place as part of the retail, food service and events business. They will be enthusiastic, polite, and committed to helping customers.
- Handle events appointments at weekends where required.
- Deal with incoming phone calls with confidence, enthusiasm and knowledge.
- Deal with incoming Instant Messaging enquiries, and social media messages.
- Handle restaurant bookings, puzzleroom and event enquiries.
- Monitor the shop@, and eat@ email accounts.
- Process online payments.
- Monitor and action eCommerce orders.
- Data entry and management as required (including feedback forms/responses, loyalty card applications, voucher data, etc.)
- Sort and distribute mail, including responses to all charity requests.
- Purchase and manage of stationary, consumables and cleaning products across the site.
- Maintain filing, archiving and shredding.
Bakery Trainee ~ Closed (interviewing)
Full time,40 hours a week
5 days a week, some weekend work
Roughly 6am – 2.30 pm
To keep up with growth & demand, Suffolk Food Hall bakery is looking for a trainee baker.
No experience required but a keen interest in bakery and good food is essential.
You must be enthusiastic, hard working, keen to learn, flexible and a team player.
You will assist the Bakers in all aspects of scratch baking, learning to make all our breads from basic white doughs to sourdoughs to sweet products.
Great opportunity to be part of a growing team with big plans
Salary based on applicant age & experience
We are looking for someone with a bubbly and positive personality, as well as being exceptionally well organised you will have the ability to multi-task, delegate and manage a team.
Service Team ~ Open
FLEXIBLE SHIFT PATTERNS
- ideal for parents with family commitments
- fixed during term time
- flexible outside school terms
SIMILARLY FOR STUDENTS
- 1 day per week during term time
- extra shifts during holidaysSuffolk Food Hall has established itself as an exemplar of local food. Our awards include being recognised as the best on-farm restaurant in Britain, with our products coming from local farms and suppliers. Our provenance of ingredients is critical to us and our customers. We are proud to change our menu seasonally to provide the best food at the best time, in a setting overlooking the River Orwell.