An unrivalled place to work .
There’s nowhere else like the Suffolk Food Hall that can give you such a chance to work in, on and around local food
We are always on the lookout for awesome people to fill vacancies in retail, food service, events and business management. Want to know more, or see the vacancies available scroll down to current openings.
Greengrocery Co-Ordinator ~ Filled (closed)
* Full and part time opportunities are available
* You will need to be willing and available to work every other weekend
* Competitive rates of pay based on experience
* Attractive discounts in our Food Hall and Cookhouse Restaurant
The core focus of this position is to maintain and improve on the high standard of fruit and veg that we have to offer, ideally from local sources, but where this is not possible through a verified network of wholesale suppliers. Whilst we already have a small number of reliable and trusted local growers, this is an area which we’re continually expanding; allowing for more regular intake of fresh, high quality produce.
With training, you will be expected to competently execute the following responsibilities on a day-to-day basis, and in your absence ensure that you set the standard to be upheld:
* Working effectively within the retail team providing excellent customer service
* Liaising with our network of farmers, scheduling availability and negotiating
* Daily/weekly ordering of fruit and veg, maintaining high quality and freshness
* Merchandising of stock in an eye-catching way
* Recommend offers and promotions based on availability, seasonality and price point
* Provide clear price, origin and class on all products
* Management of waste levels
* Monitor and advise on consumable reordering
* Entering greengrocer goods-in and invoice details
* Facilitating and managing all internal orders and pricing
* Ensure effective system of stock rotation
* Explore further local links to increase the short supply chains that we currently use
* Training of junior members of staff to increase knowledge of fresh produce
Puzzle Master ~ On hold
*** pending the launch of our fourth Puzzle Room ***
Part time role, Friday to Sunday, likely to include early evenings.
Full training provided.
Potentially more hours in peak seasons (Christmas, Bank Holidays)
At least living wage.
- Your principle responsibility is ensure the successful delivery of Puzzle Room sessions at the Suffolk Food Hall.
- The success of the Puzzle Room depends on enthusiasm, meticulous preparation of the room, a wonderful customer experience, and promoting other elements of our business.
- Additional ad-hoc tasks to help with the day to day function of the site may be required as the business requires.
- Help with the promotion of the Puzzle Room with enthusiasm and passion, proactively generating further business.
- Maintain and manage the Puzzle Room to a high standard of cleanliness and safety.
- Set-up the room meticulously for each group of participants.
- Provide a briefing and continued support for groups to ensure the best experience possible.
- Endeavour to upsell other site attractions, including food and drink offering.
- Provide feedback to management that will help to continually improve the quality of the puzzle rooms.
Retail Assistant ~ Weekend / Part-Time ~ Open
Retail Assistant ~ Interviewing
Hours: 16 – 24 hours per week, 2-3 days, Thursday to Sunday, shifts vary between 8.00am-6.30pm
you will need to be willing and available to work weekends.
Job Type: Part-time
Experience: 1 year minimum
The Suffolk Food Hall is an award winning centre of excellence for local food with provenance and has recently been awarded 10 year Champion of Champions for Local Food (CA Rural Oscars).
We are currently searching for an enthusiastic and reliable individual who has a distinct passion for food along with the ability to deliver fantastic customer service to on the retail floor. You will work between the Food Hall and our Home and Garden department. You will need to be self-motivated and forward-thinking as well as practical and hard-working. Good communication and IT skills as well as previous retail experience is essential. You will report to the Head of Food Hall.
Duties will include:
- Providing outstanding customer service
- Cashier work
- Stock replenishment and checking off deliveries
- Merchandising and display
- Opening and closing checks, and daily cleaning duties
Chef de Partie ~ Closed
Suffolk Food Hall is an award winning 130 cover restaurant serving traditional farmhouse food with a modern twist, using the best local seasonal produce, in a modern setting with views over the Orwell Bridge.
We are looking to appoint a talented full time Chef de Partie with relevant previous experience and a strong attention to detail. We need an enthusiastic and reliable individual who has a distinct passion for fresh, local food as well as the ability to deliver fantastic customer service.
The successful candidate will have previous experience in a busy kitchen and understand the basics of the kitchen operation including HACCP, food preparation and service.
HOURS: 42.5 hours per week, 5 days over 7, weekends are our busiest periods but we are open seven days a week.
If you are looking for a challenge, want to commit time to a dynamic business and have aspirations to progress in an award winning operation; then this is the opportunity for you.
Salary is dependent upon experience; and there’s a fair share of tips too plus, 20% discount in the Food Hall, 25% discount in the Café and Cookhouse, 28 days holiday, including public holiday.
Benefits include flexible shifts and no splits. We’re only open in the evening for private parties and ticketed events. We are closed Christmas Day & Boxing Day. You’ll have 28 days holiday per year. We also offer free parking, pension scheme and cycle to work scheme.
Service Team (flexible shifts) ~ On hold
*** Pending rota trial shifts and rota review ***
FLEXIBLE SHIFT PATTERNS
- ideal for parents with family commitments
- fixed during term time
- flexible outside school terms
SIMILARLY FOR STUDENTS
- 1 day per week during term time
- extra shifts during holidaysSuffolk Food Hall has established itself as an exemplar of local food. Our awards include being recognised as the best on-farm restaurant in Britain, with our products coming from local farms and suppliers. Our provenance of ingredients is critical to us and our customers. We are proud to change our menu seasonally to provide the best food at the best time, in a setting overlooking the River Orwell.