An unrivalled place to work .
There’s nowhere else like the Suffolk Food Hall that can give you such a chance to work in, on and around local food
We are always on the lookout for awesome people to fill vacancies in retail, food service, events and business management. Want to know more, or see the vacancies available scroll down to current openings.
Chef de Partie ~ Interviewing
Suffolk Food Hall is an award winning 130 cover restaurant serving traditional farmhouse food with a modern twist, using the best local seasonal produce, in a modern setting with views over the Orwell Bridge.
We are looking to appoint a talented full time Chef de Partie with relevant previous experience and a strong attention to detail. We need an enthusiastic and reliable individual who has a distinct passion for fresh, local food as well as the ability to deliver fantastic customer service.
The successful candidate will have previous experience in a busy kitchen and understand the basics of the kitchen operation including HACCP, food preparation and service.
HOURS: 42.5 hours per week, 5 days over 7, weekends are our busiest periods but we are open seven days a week.
If you are looking for a challenge, want to commit time to a dynamic business and have aspirations to progress in an award winning operation; then this is the opportunity for you.
Salary is dependent upon experience; and there’s a fair share of tips too plus, 20% discount in the Food Hall, 25% discount in the Café and Cookhouse, 28 days holiday, including public holiday.
Benefits include flexible shifts and no splits. We’re only open in the evening for private parties and ticketed events. We are closed Christmas Day & Boxing Day. You’ll have 28 days holiday per year. We also offer free parking, pension scheme and cycle to work scheme.
Service Team (flexible shifts) ~ Open
FLEXIBLE SHIFT PATTERNS
- ideal for parents with family commitments
- fixed during term time
- flexible outside school terms
SIMILARLY FOR STUDENTS
- 1 day per week during term time
- extra shifts during holidays
Suffolk Food Hall has established itself as an exemplar of local food. Our awards include being recognised as the best on-farm restaurant in Britain, with our products coming from local farms and suppliers. Our provenance of ingredients is critical to us and our customers. We are proud to change our menu seasonally to provide the best food at the best time, in a setting overlooking the River Orwell.
We are looking for part time servers to join our restaurant team, with the purpose of providing great customer service. This is central to the role and applicants will, with training, be expected to know the menu, and deliver with great enthusiasm and a smile. The successful applicants will be well presented, polite and passionate about food. If you are looking to work in a fast paced, challenging but rewarding environment then look no further than this opportunity.
Retail Assistant ~ Interviewing
Hours: 24 – 40 hours per week, 3 – 5 days over 7, shifts vary between 8.00am-6.30pm
you will need to be willing and available to work some weekends.
Job Type: Part-time or Full-time
Experience: 1 year minimum
The Suffolk Food Hall is an award winning centre of excellence for local food with provenance and has recently been awarded 10 year Champion of Champions for Local Food (CA Rural Oscars).
We are currently searching for an enthusiastic and reliable individual who has a distinct passion for food along with the ability to deliver fantastic customer service to on the retail floor. You will work between the Food Hall and our Home and Garden department. You will need to be self-motivated and forward-thinking as well as practical and hard-working. Good communication and IT skills as well as previous retail experience is essential. You will report to the Retail Manager. Duties will include:
- Providing outstanding customer service
- Cashier work
- Stock replenishment and checking off deliveries
- Merchandising and display
- Opening and closing checks, and daily cleaning duties
Event Manager ~ Open
- 40 hours per week. Permanent, full-time position
- 5 days out of 7, some evenings and weekends as required
- Salary based on experience + Additional bonus scheme
The Suffolk Food Hall is a multi-faceted business, something which the successful candidate must be able to embrace. The Events Manager is responsible for driving the events function of Suffolk Food Hall. It requires the handling of all incoming leads, working to generate new leads and business, and ensuring the team is well prepared to exceed customer expectations. The experience provided should be one that represents Suffolk Food Hall in a positive light, demonstrating passion for food and exemplary service.
- Proactively generate sales leads from within the existing customer base, other events and local business community.
- Deal with all incoming enquiries in a timely, professional manner.
- Exhibit excellent communication with customers at all times via phone, email or face-to-face to harbour long standing relationships and repeat business.
- Fulfil event sales targets.
- Work with the Food Service Manager, Restaurant Manager & Lead Chef to ensure excellent execution of all events.
- Continue to develop all aspects of our events offering across the business (internal, external, private, corporate and ticketed).
- Collect feedback and regularly review the quality of all aspects of our events offering.
- General administration including invoicing.
- Communication, oral and written
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Competent with IT (MS Office)
- Previous experience preferred but not essential