An unrivalled place to work .
There’s nowhere else like the Suffolk Food Hall that can give you such a chance to work in, on and around local food
We are always on the lookout for awesome people to fill vacancies in retail, food service, events and business management. Want to know more, or see the vacancies available scroll down to current openings.
Service Team (flexible shifts) ~ Open
FLEXIBLE SHIFT PATTERNS
- ideal for parents with family commitments
- fixed during term time
- flexible outside school terms
SIMILARLY FOR STUDENTS
- 1 day per week during term time
- extra shifts during holidays
Suffolk Food Hall has established itself as an exemplar of local food. Our awards include being recognised as the best on-farm restaurant in Britain, with our products coming from local farms and suppliers. Our provenance of ingredients is critical to us and our customers. We are proud to change our menu seasonally to provide the best food at the best time, in a setting overlooking the River Orwell.
We are looking for part time servers to join our restaurant team, with the purpose of providing great customer service. This is central to the role and applicants will, with training, be expected to know the menu, and deliver with great enthusiasm and a smile. The successful applicants will be well presented, polite and passionate about food. If you are looking to work in a fast paced, challenging but rewarding environment then look no further than this opportunity.
Maintenance & Grounds Person ~ Udner offer
Suffolk Food Hall is a destination to visit. The enjoyment of a visit begins from the start of the driveway and continues throughout the entire site. The Maintenance & Grounds Assistant will be responsible for the day to day upkeep of the site, externally and internally.
4-5 days, predominantly weekdays with occasional weekend/evening work.
- Complete tasks in a timely fashion mirroring the maintenance programme.
- Complete preventative scheduled maintenance tasks on regular basis.
- Complete mowing, strimming and weed control of the site on a regular basis.
- Deal with inclement weather conditions to ensure safety of all on site.
- Respond quickly to ad hoc issues to ensure the site is safe and functioning.
- Assist with moving displays, stock and other equipment around the site as needed.
- Maintain a clean, tidy store of all equipment, tools and materials.
- Support external contractors where necessary.
- Assisting the team with any power failure, fire, flooding, or water/sewer outage.
- Completing deliveries and collections in the company vehicle as required.
- Maintain a safe working environment at all times.
- Ensure compliance with company policy and health and safety policy at all times.
Basic understanding of plumbing/electrics/carpentry, and/or painting and decorating would be desirable.
Other responsibilities to note:
- Support at events may be required throughout the year.
- Due to the operation of the business tasks may be required to be carried out outside of working hours (i.e overnight)
- Potential to be based outside all year round.
- Will be required to self-motivate and manage, as often working alone.
Receptionist (Customer Service Team) ~ Open
Suffolk Food Hall is looking for a receptionist to join the team to assist with incoming enquiries later in the week (Thursday / Friday) and at weekends. The successful candidate will develop an understanding of the business to be able to offer help to customers with differing enquiries.
The team member will also be able to offer assistance to the general running of the many functions that take place as part of the retail, food service and events business. They will be enthusiastic, polite, and committed to helping customers.
- Deal with incoming phone calls with confidence, enthusiasm and knowledge.
- Deal with incoming Instant Messaging enquiries, and social media messages.
- Handle restaurant bookings, puzzleroom and event enquiries.
- Monitor the shop@, and eat@ email accounts.
- Process online payments.
- Monitor and action eCommerce orders.
- Data entry and management as required (including feedback forms/responses, loyalty card applications, voucher data, etc.)
- Sort and distribute mail, including responses to all charity requests.
- Purchase and manage of stationary, consumables and cleaning products across the site.
- Handle events appointments at weekends where required.
- Maintain filing, archiving and shredding.