An unrivalled place to work .
There’s nowhere else like the Suffolk Food Hall that can give you such a chance to work in, on and around local food.
We are always on the lookout for awesome people to fill vacancies in retail, food service, events and business management. Want to know more, or see the vacancies available scroll down to current openings.
Retail Assistant ~ Weekends ~ Closed
Hours: 16 – 24 hours per week, 2-3 days, Thursday to Sunday, shifts vary between 8.00am-6.30pm
you will need to be willing and available to work weekends.
Job Type: Part-time, Weekends
Experience: 1 year minimum
The Suffolk Food Hall is an award winning centre of excellence for local food with provenance and has recently been awarded 10 year Champion of Champions for Local Food (CA Rural Oscars).
We are currently searching for an enthusiastic and reliable individual who has a distinct passion for food along with the ability to deliver fantastic customer service to on the retail floor. You will work between the Food Hall and our Home and Garden department. You will need to be self-motivated and forward-thinking as well as practical and hard-working. Good communication and IT skills as well as previous retail experience is essential. You will report to the Head of Food Hall.
Duties will include:
- Providing outstanding customer service
- Cashier work
- Stock replenishment and checking off deliveries
- Merchandising and display
- Opening and closing checks, and daily cleaning duties.
Escape Room Master ~ Open
Part time role, Friday to Sunday, likely to include early evenings.
Full training provided.
Potentially more hours in peak seasons (Christmas, Bank Holidays)
At least living wage.
- Your principle responsibility is ensure the successful delivery of Escape Room sessions at the Suffolk Food Hall.
- The success of the Escape Rooms depend on enthusiasm, meticulous preparation of the room, a wonderful customer experience, and promoting other elements of our business.
- Additional ad-hoc tasks to help with the day to day function of the site may be required as the business requires.
- Help with the promotion of the Escape Rooms with enthusiasm and passion, proactively generating further business.
- Maintain and manage the Escape Rooms to a high standard of cleanliness and safety.
- Set-up the room meticulously for each group of participants.
- Provide a briefing and continued support for groups to ensure the best experience possible.
- Endeavour to upsell other site attractions, including food and drink offering.
- Provide feedback to management that will help to continually improve the quality of the Escape Rooms.
Restaurant Manager ~ Open
We have an exciting opportunity to recruit a Manager in our Award Winning Cookhouse Restaurant here at The Suffolk Food Hall. Working as part of the Food Service Team and reporting to the Head of Food Service, we are looking for a hands-on, energetic manager, who will lead our team by example. The successful; candidate will bring with them excellent service standards, and a tremendous passion for detail whilst upholding our core values.
We are looking for someone with a bubbly, positive personality with our guest and staff. As well as being exceptionally well organised you will have the ability to multi-task, delegate and manage a team.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Overall day-to-day running of the restaurant
- Managing the operational aspects of the kitchen, events and cafe in the absence of the Food Service Manager
- Organising and training staff at all levels
- Development of Assistant Manager, Supervisors and staff
- Staff briefs of food service with kitchen team
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Excellent organisational skills with clear, distinct briefing and delegation skills
- The ability to deliver a 5 star experience to all our guests
- A strong motivator and team leader
- Ensure service levels are maintained with a view to achieve high sales values within the venue
- The ability to place beverage orders to ensure adequate stock to maximise sales without over ordering
- Implement changes to bar stock with a view to increasing sales
- Be responsible for stock-takes and ensure they are forwarded to accounts on 1st of every month
42.5 hour Contract
Staff Benefits are:
- 28 days paid holiday inclusive of Bank Holidays
- Staff discount
- No split shifts
- We do not open Christmas Day or Boxing Day
- Job Type: Full-time
Service Team ~ Open
FLEXIBLE SHIFT PATTERNS
- ideal for parents with family commitments
- fixed during term time
- flexible outside school terms
SIMILARLY FOR STUDENTS
- 1 day per week during term time
- extra shifts during holidaysSuffolk Food Hall has established itself as an exemplar of local food. Our awards include being recognised as the best on-farm restaurant in Britain, with our products coming from local farms and suppliers. Our provenance of ingredients is critical to us and our customers. We are proud to change our menu seasonally to provide the best food at the best time, in a setting overlooking the River Orwell.