An unrivalled place to work .
There’s nowhere else like us that can give you such a chance to work in, on and around local food, and all the supporting jobs we do to keep the show on the road. We are always on the lookout for awesome people to fill vacancies in retail, food service, events and business management. Want to know more or see the vacancies available scroll down to our current openings.
Work with Us
Junior Sous Chef ~ Open
To assist with the running of the restaurant kitchen within our food service policies, help ensure that company values and standards are delivered, and the operations is budgeted and delivered profitably.
To reinforce a high standard of food safety and best practice is maintained, thereby meeting all statutory legislation. 42.5 hours a week 5 days out of 7.
- To be aware of budgeted and actual departmental financial targets. This to include gross profits (food), stock levels and departmental profits.
- To control and monitor payroll costs by allocating the rota and resources in line with forecasted and actual business levels.
- To assist with ensuring food profit, events and other related targets for your departments are exceeded.
- To support the head chef
- To cook and consistently deliver the right standards for our menus.
- To ensure that the department is professional to both customers and team members.
- To review and act upon feedback relevant to your areas of responsibility, which includes customer complaints.
- To ensure stock is stored and rotated correctly in line with Food Safety requirements, following company policy to meet statutory legislation. This includes recording delivery and temperature checks of food commodities.
- To assist in ensuring the profitability of food operations and Gross Profit management. This includes helping carry out food stock-takes as required.
- To follow all procedures and processes for food controls to meet company requirements.
- To cost dishes as required.
- To help lead and motivate team members to create a team environment which promotes good employee morale and ensures a high level of commitment and pride in the workplace.
- Maintain effective communication within the team by holding regular briefing sessions and attending meetings when required.
- To supervise work of junior chefs, including their use of dangerous equipment.
- To be responsible for ensuring departmental training is carried out to the standard required.
- To continuously coach and counsel colleagues.
- To assist with ensuring unacceptable behaviour and performance is corrected, in line with the company disciplinary procedures, where this forms part of your responsibility.
Controlling the kitchen
- To supervise the department in absence of the Head Chef, to ensure effective operation on a day to day basis whilst maintaining company standards consistently, with attention to detail. This to include ensuring shift controls and procedures are adhered to.
- To assist with creating and updating standards manuals and cleaning schedules.
- To comply with statutory and company requirements for Health and Safety, Risk Assessment, Disability and all employment legislation and ensure all team members are trained accordingly.
- To implement action on Hygiene Audits in order to enhance the environment and achieve positive consistent results.