- Lowered capacity - tables have been removed to create more space for social distancing of both customers & staff.
- One way system - has been implemented, complete with floor markings for direction and spacing, with hand sanitisers at several points.
- Reconfigured tables - the layout of our restaurant has been changed to easily maintain social distancing.
- Cashless payment - taken at the table using a card machine only, stopping the cross-over of customers.
- Queue control - floor markers are placed to manage queues where customers arrive without prior reservations.
- Service level - our team clearly explain the process when seating guests so you know how to do your bit.
- Track and trace - all customers are required to provide details for track and trace as part of the ordering process.
- Increased ventilation - we have increased the flow of the ventilation exchange system.
- Minimised contact points - we have switched to sachets for single use and cutlery will be delivered to the table, pre-wrapped.
- Staff teams - we minimise contact between the Service and the Kitchen teams, with designated transfer points.
- Increased signage - clear directions to the toilets, with instructions around hand washing too.
- Additional cleaning - we clean more often with particular focus on touchpoints (card machines, door handles, sanitisers, etc).
- Table preparation - tables, chairs and high chairs are sanitised for each customer, and laid on arrival.
- Staff training - has been increased and recorded on all aspects of our service.
Following disruption from the Covid-19 pandemic, all afternoon tea vouchers purchased before 1st April 2020 have been extended to at least 31st March 2021 (six months after the Cookhouse reopens). Furthermore until 31st December 2020, Afternoon Tea vouchers can be redeemed on retail purchases in the Food Hall or for food & drink from our Café, to the value of £14.95. The Cookhouse restaurant hopes to resume afternoon tea service from Thursday 1st October. Suffolk Food Hall Ltd may review these terms and/or further extend voucher expiry dates..
Served in the Cookhouse restaurant, with unrivaled panoramic views across the Orwell estuary, our afternoon tea consists of a selection of sandwiches, cakes, savouries and one of our fruit scones with cream and jam. Unlimited tea, or coffee if preferred, is included.
Afternoon tea is served daily, from 2.30pm Monday to Thursday and from 3.00pm Friday to Sunday. Gift vouchers are available.
We are able to cater for all dietary requirements, with advanced notice. All bookings must be made at least 24 hours in advance, and confirmed by a member of our team.
Menu information is available here.