Book a table
Please note that your booking enquiry is not confirmed until we get back to you via email or phone. Our office hours are 8.30am to 5.00pm, so we will respond within those times.
Menus by example
for your Safety
- Lowered capacity - tables have been removed to create more space for social distancing of both customers & staff.
- Face covering requirements - for customers and staff alike, whenever not seated
- One way system - has been implemented, complete with floor markings for direction and spacing, with hand sanitisers at several points.
- Reconfigured tables - smaller tables has been used and the layout of our restaurant has been changed to easily maintain social distancing.
- Cashless payment - taken at the table using a card machine only, stopping the cross-over of customers.
- Queue control - floor markers are placed to manage queues where customers arrive without prior reservations.
- Service level - our team clearly explain the process when seating guests so you know how to do your bit.
- Track and trace - all customers are required to scan the QR code and provide details for track and trace (or to log their visit with the NHS app).
- Increased ventilation - we have increased the flow of the ventilation exchange system.
- Minimised contact points - we have switched to single-use sachets and cutlery will be delivered to the table that has been pre-wrapped in controlled conditions.
- Staff teams - we minimise contact between the Service and the Kitchen teams, with designated transfer points.
- Increased signage - clear directions to the toilets, with instructions around hand washing too.
- Additional cleaning - we clean more often with particular focus on touchpoints (card machines, door handles, sanitisers, etc).
- Table preparation - tables, chairs and high chairs are sanitised for each customer, and laid on arrival.
- Staff training - has been increased and recorded on all aspects of our service.
Served in the Cookhouse restaurant, with unrivaled panoramic views across the Orwell estuary, our afternoon tea consists of a selection of sandwiches, cakes, savouries and one of our fruit scones with cream and jam. Unlimited tea, or coffee if preferred, is included.
Afternoon tea is served daily between 2.30pm and 3:30pm (sitting times, but the restaurant will remain open for you to enjoy your tea). Wednesday to Saturday. Gift vouchers are available.
We are able to cater for all dietary requirements, with advanced notice. All bookings must be made at least 24 hours in advance, and confirmed by a member of our team.