Terms and Conditions
SFH loyalty scheme
The Suffolk Food Hall loyalty card scheme is available to all retail customers and gives you the opportunity to earn points on purchases which can subsequently be redeemed as a discount. The scheme is run for retail purchases in the Food Hall and Home & Garden. Sorry that loyalty points cannot currently be earned or redeemed in the Cookhouse restaurant, the Café, for events, or through our e-commerce service; but we are working on it.
Please register your details (name, address, phone number, date of birth and email address) either by email or on a form at the tills in the Food Hall. The next time you are in, you can then collect a loyalty card and start earning points. Both a card and a fob are provided with the same customer reference code, so you have two items to identify the same loyalty account. Different individuals can use cards to earn and redeem points on the same customer account. By registering you are agreeing to our Data Protection policy.
The normal rate to earn points is one point per whole £1 spent, although Suffolk Food Hall Ltd reserves the right to run promotions and offer more points per pounds and/or alter the rate. Exclusions may apply. One point entitles the cardholder to a 1p discount on future transactions.
Loyalty cards must be presented during the transaction. Points earned more than 12 months ago may expire.
Cards remain the property of Suffolk Food Hall Ltd. Lost or stolen cards cannot be replaced. It is not possible to merge points from different loyalty customer accounts onto one account.
Suffolk Food Hall reserves the right to change these terms and conditions including terminate the scheme. The details of any changes will be published at the Food Hall and on this website.
Suffolk Food Hall employees are not eligible for the scheme.
Data protection policy
Suffolk Food Hall Ltd’s data protection policy
Suffolk Food Hall understands its obligations to you when providing good service, whilst safeguarding your personal information. We collect personal information when customers, for example, place an order, book an table or event, register with our loyalty scheme. We use this information to provide the service you expect and, if you agree, to send you confirmations and marketing information. Suffolk Food Hall will not share your information for marketing purposes with any third party. We take necessary precautions to protect your information when defining processes, selecting and using systems and ensuring the right safeguards are in place.
What information do we collect about you?
We collect information about you when you register, order, shop and eat with us. In order to help the business improve, we also collect information when you voluntarily complete customer surveys, provide feedback and participate in competitions. Website usage information is collected using cookies.
How will we use the information about you?
We collect information about you to process your order, manage your account and if you agree, to contact you about other Suffolk Food Hall products and services we think may be of interest to you. We use your information to confirm bookings, orders, to personalise offers, and improve your repeat visits to our website. We hold this information securely and for only as long as there is a legitimate customer service purpose. In the right service, your details may be stored on other (hosted) systems such as booking platforms, payment fulfilment services, courier providers and other carefully selected software providers.
We would like to send you information by email, phone and/or post about products and services of ours which may be of interest to you. Suffolk Food Hall will not share your information for marketing purposes with any third party. If you have consented to receive marketing, you have a right at any time to stop us from contacting you. If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please email or write to for the attention of our Data Protection Officer.
Access to your information and correction
You have the right to request a copy of information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please email or write to our Data Protection Officer. We may make a small charge for this service. We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You may, of course, ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information. This information is used to track visitor use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity. For further information visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org You can set your browser not to accept cookies and these reference websites tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. However in a few cases some of our website features may not function as a result.
How to contact us
If you would like to change (in anyway) your data at any time simply email, call 01473 786 610 or ask a member of staff.
Suffolk Food Hall Gift Vouchers are provided in denominations of £10. Vouchers entitle the redeemer to products from the Food Hall, items from Home & Garden, food & drink in the Cookhouse restaurant and the Café, and Event tickets. Vouchers cannot be exchanged for cash, in whole or in part. Vouchers equate to a payment on account, with the unique voucher itself as proof of the deposit. VAT is applicable at the point of redemption.
Vouchers are valid for six months from date of issue. Vouchers are void when the number box is crossed or struck-out.
Do you have to spend it all at once?
All of a £10 voucher needs to be spent as balance cannot be returned in cash. You don’t have to spend every voucher given straight away but vouchers do need to be redeemed within six months of issue.
Do I get loyalty points when I buy a SFH Voucher?
Unfortunately you cannot earn loyalty points when you buy a voucher, but you will earn points when you redeem the voucher in the Food Hall or Home & Garden (providing you are a loyalty card customer. See loyalty scheme terms).
What can I buy with a SFH Gift voucher?
Anything in the Food Hall, Home & Garden and the Cookhouse restaurant, Cafe or Event tickets that is run by Suffolk Food Hall Ltd, although vouchers cannot be used on the ecommerce service on www.suffolkfoodhall.co.uk/shop
Can I get my money back if my SFH Voucher is lost or stolen?
Treat the voucher like you would any form of cash because you lose the money paid on deposit, if it is lost or stolen. No refunds, in whole or in part are available. Damaged, altered or cancelled / void vouchers will not be accepted.
Event terms and conditions
Making a booking
Provisional bookings are welcome although this does not constitute a confirmed booking until the following terms are fulfilled.
A provisional booking will be held for 14 days or until another customer enquires about the date, whereupon the first provisional booking will have first refusal. After 14 days, the provisional booking will be made available to other customers without notification.
To secure a function booking a deposit, typically equal to the room/venue hire, is required within 14 days of the provisional booking. Depending on the size and nature of the event, a bigger deposit may be required, as determined by the Events Team.
To secure a Christmas or Party Night booking, a deposit of £10.00 per person is required within 14 days of the provisional booking, or within 2 days if the booking enquiry is within 28 days of the event date.
A booking is only secured once the deposit has been received and cleared by Suffolk Food Hall.
The prices of Suffolk Food Hall events, products and services are as quoted on our website, menus, in the Events Brochures and/or as confirmed by the Events Team.
Suffolk Food Hall reserves the right to amend our listed prices without prior notice, although this will not affect a confirmed booking.
Prices are typically quoted inclusive of VAT, at the prevailing rate, unless quoting for a business or corporate customer.
Confirmation of requirements
Final guest numbers and requirements for your event must reach the Events Team no later than:
- 14 days before an function event
28 days before a Christmas or Party Night event
- Whilst Suffolk Food Hall appreciates that the number of guests can change, the full number of confirmed attendees will be charged at full price, even if the number of guests reduces after the 14 day watershed (28 days for Christmas / Party Nights). If the number of attendees increases, please make the Events Team aware by email and they will do their best to accommodate.
Suffolk Food Hall cannot guarantee any amendments on the day of the event. If there are any last minute changes please consult a member of the Events Team who will endeavour to accommodate your request.
If you wish to cancel your booking the following conditions apply.
90 days or more = 90% refund
1 month or more (excluding Christmas and Party Nights) = 50% refund
Less than 1 month = No refund
After 14 day watershed, including failure to attend = Event will be invoiced in full
For ticketed events, it is often possible to transfer the ticket or use it at another subsequent event although only with notice two or more days prior to the event date and with specific confirmation from the Events Team.
In the event of Suffolk Food Hall cancelling the booking date, an alternative date will be provided or any money already paid by the customer will be refunded in full.
Payment of a deposit is required to secure a booking.
Suffolk Food Hall shall raise an invoice for payment of function deposits.
Christmas and Party Nights are ticketed, and you will receive an email confirmation on paying your deposit.
Payment of the event balance is due no later than
14 days before an function event
28 days before a Christmas or Party Night event
Payments can be made by the ‘Pay Now’ button on our e-invoices, by card over the phone, or in person by card, cash or cheque. Most ticketed events can also be purchased via www.suffolkfoodhall.co.uk/shop
Unless a Credit Account has been specifically set-up by our Accounts Team, all additional items that have been ordered on the day of the event must be paid for before leaving the premises.
Failure to pay an invoice within these terms, may result in all future events with Suffolk Food Hall being cancelled; foregoing any deposits and may incur interest at 3% over the Bank of England base rate, at Suffolk Food Hall’s discretion
Externally supplied food, drink and equipment
Due to food safety controls and our business model, consumption of food brought in from offsite is not permitted at the Suffolk Food Hall.
If you wish to bring your own wine onto the premises, prior consent must be given by Suffolk Food Hall and a corkage charge of shall be made. Please see the current Events brochures for the charge per bottle.
In some circumstances it is possible to bring a celebratory cake or pudding, although only following prior approval from the Events Team and a cakeage charge of £10 per cake may be applicable to cover plate-up and wash-up.
Third party decoration, equipment and entertainment providers will be subject to Health & Safety, Food Safety, insurance, quality and any other standards as defined by our Standards Officer. This is at the sole discretion of Suffolk Food Hall.
All bookings are subject to these terms, which supersede any previous terms.
Suffolk Food Hall reserves the right to amend terms at any time without notice, although the current terms are available at www.suffolkfoodhall.co.uk/terms#events and any amendments to terms governing confirmed bookings will be notified by email.
In the event of supply difficulties Suffolk Food Hall reserves the right to substitute goods or services of equal quality and value.
Suffolk Food Hall will not accept any responsibility for any loss, damage, delay or other disruption in supply and deliveries brought about by delayed or incomplete payment.
We want you to be totally happy with what you buy from us. On the off chance that you are not, please return the product to the Food Hall (following the guidelines below) and we will replace it, offer a comparable alternative or refund the original amount.
If there is a problem with a product purchased, please bring it back to the Food Hall as we may need to return it to the supplier or have it analysed. If a concern constitutes a food safety issue (such as a foreign body or potential health risk), please let us know immediately by calling 01473 786 610 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, and then return the item.
Defective products must be returned as soon as possible as your statutory rights may diminish with time. Defective products include those that are not as described, faulty or not fit for purpose, as determined by Suffolk Food Hall Ltd and/or our Food Safety Management System.
In such cases and to demonstrate our commitment to quality, we will be pleased to offer you a replacement. When this is not possible, an alternative comparable product will be provided. Refunds can only be made to the original credit or debit card or in cash if that was the original purchase method. Defective products can only be refunded at the amount on the original receipt, including items sold under a promotion.
Returns need to be accompanied by the original purchase receipt. Returns with only a Suffolk Food Hall product ticket (e.g. a Suffolk Food Hall scale or barcode label) or from our own homemade range and without the receipt, will only be entitled to a replacement, not a full refund.
Unwanted items must be returned within 28 days, and in a re-saleable condition. This means without damage, unused and in the original packaging, with labels.
Products that cannot be returned, whether for a replacement or a refund, are:
- food and other perishable goods (such as a flowers and Christmas trees) which has left our premises, even if purchased in error
- plants which have suffered from inadequate maintenance, as reasonably determined by Suffolk Food Hall Ltd
- products that are bespoke, made to order or personalised including furniture, hampers and planters
- gift vouchers
- Non-returnable products do not include those that are defective.
Nothing in these Terms and Conditions will reduce your statutory rights relating to defective, faulty or incorrectly described goods. Suffolk Food Hall Ltd is an accredited member of the Farm Shop Charter, administered by Trading Standards at the Suffolk County Council. For further information about your statutory rights visit www.suffolk.gov.uk/tradingstandards
Event tickets may be refunded on the terms of the event or the demonstrator/promoter, as published at www.suffolkfoodhall.co.uk
Suffolk Food Hall prides itself in providing a bespoke hamper service to suit your company’s needs, we have established relationships with a large number of local, fine food and gift suppliers to bring our customers an exciting and innovative selection of products for you to choose.
We provide a flexible service where single or multiple hampers can be delivered to private or business addresses. For larger orders we can arrange pallet delivery to corporate premises.
Please be aware that courier costs and delivery prices will be quoted at the time of order, we do not offer fixed delivery prices and will work with you to make the most suitable arrangements for your order.
- In the event of supply difficulties Suffolk Food Hall Ltd reserves the right to substitute goods or packaging of equal quality or value.
- The product images shown on our website or in any correspondence are intended for presentation purposes only.
- Fragile items and their contents are configured for safe and secure transit using the appropriate packaging methods deemed necessary by Suffolk Food Hall Ltd.
- Your order will be confirmed by email. Irrespective of how your order is initial placed with Suffolk Food Hall Ltd (on-line, e-mail , telephone call or in person) it is the customer’s responsibility to ensure that all order and delivery details are given and are correct at least one week prior to despatch.
- After an order is confirmed, Suffolk Food Hall Ltd cannot guarantee that any alternations or additions can be accommodated however best endeavours will be possible.
- In the event of an incorrect or incomplete delivery address provided by the customer, Suffolk Food Hall Ltd reserves the right to charge the customer an additional fee for carriage, handling charges or unusable content caused by a failed delivery.
- Suffolk Food Hall Ltd will not accept any responsibility for any loss, damage, delay or other disruption in supply and deliveries brought about by delayed or incomplete payment, inaccurate or incomplete delivery details.
- Goods will only be provided (delivered or collected) when paid for in full.
Website privacy and security policy
1. We only collect the information from you that we require to process orders and details that you send us during registration.
2. You can review and change your On-line shop account details at any time on the “Your Account” webpage. Please send an email if you have any questions concerning our loyalty scheme
3. We may use these details to send you information about products, services and events at the Suffolk Food Hall.
4. We will not give your information to any third party for anything that is not connected to Suffolk Food Hall.
5. When an order is submitted your credit/debit card details are collected. We do not store these details; they are stored securely by an accredited payment service provider, SagePay.
6. When an order is submitted your shopping details are collected and stored electronically by us for the purpose of order fulfilment and creation of a shopping history.
7. We will store any e mail correspondence with you for the purposes of customer service and to monitor any possible issues. Telephone calls may also be recorded for these purposes.
8. In order to shop on our website cookies will have to be enabled in your browser. Cookies are used so that your computer’s hard disk can remember who you are so that you can:
i) Avoid having to enter the same information twice during a particular visit to a website (session cookie).
ii) Avoid having to log-in again when you return to a website (persistent cookie).
Please seek independent advice if you require further information regarding cookies.
9. We understand that when you give us your personal information you are trusting us to take care of it. We are fully committed to upholding this Privacy and Security Policy and to protecting your data. If you have any questions relating to this policy or if you would like further details or a copy of the data we hold about you please email us.
Changing your cookie settings: We recommend that you don’t change your cookie settings, as we can’t guarantee the performance of the site if you block some or all cookies.
If you do decide to change them, each browser works in a different way, so you’ll need to search for ‘cookie settings’ in your browser’s help section to find out how to do this.
Nationwide Delivery (mailorder / courier) Terms
When ordering for delivery in the UK * we will deliver in 2 to 3 working days (depending on order day) for a fixed price of £9.95 including VAT, packaging, packing & postage.
Orders are placed when we receive your instruction. Typically they are cut, prep’d, packed and collected on next day; and then delivered the day after. This is to ensure your order is a fresh as possible. Chilled orders are despatched in a ’48 hour’ chiller box, but should still be refrigerated immediately on arrival.
Any orders placed before the end of Thursday are eligible for Saturday delivery at the increased price of £14.95. Orders placed on a Friday, Saturday or Sunday will be processed early in the following week.
Unless specifically requested, deliveries will require a signature. This is to provide proof of delivery. Any particular delivery notes should be included in the ‘Instructions’ box on check-out. Whilst we will do our utmost to make sure these instructions are followed, we cannot guarantee that any specific courier (or its subcontractor) will fulfil all desired delivery instructions as sometimes it will have its own specific policies which can preclude some customer requests.
There is also the option to collect from the Food Hall directly. In this case your payment details entered on-line, are simply taken in-lieu of a deposit and you will need to pay on collection. We adopt this approach as most ‘click and collect’ customers normally add to their on-line order when in the Food Hall. Other arrangements can be made in advance.
* For delivery of items to the UK Highlands and Islands, or outside of the UK, please call to discuss your requirements with a member of the team.
Delivery Service for Bulky Items
We’re pleased to offer a local delivery service for bulky items purchased at the Food Hall or in Home & Garden. Charges are based on the travel distance from IP9 2AB.
Under 5 miles: £10 or free when you spend more than £250
5-10 miles: £20 or free when you spend more than £500
10-15 miles: £30 or free when you spend more than £750
15-20 miles: £40 or free when you spend more than £1,000
We only deliver on a Monday to Thursday during the day, and we will not guarantee your preferred delivery day or time. If you live further afield, please ask for a quote before you make your purchase. We can arrange national delivery for some purchases through our courier service. Some exceptions apply. Our standard terms and conditions apply and in addition:
Please take care when providing us with your address details as we cannot accept liability for non-delivery of items as a result of incorrect information provided.
In the event that you are not available to receive the goods at the time when they were delivered, you will be responsible for making arrangements to receive/collect the goods if they are held at the post office or the courier’s depot. There may be additional charges if delivery was attempted but you were unavailable to receive the goods.
You must pay in full for both the product and the delivery before the items leave the Suffolk Food Hall. We will try to meet any date stated for delivery, but the dates are not guaranteed. Occasionally it may become necessary for us to cancel your order before delivery. We will let you know as soon as we can that this has happened and you will not be charged, or if you have been charged, we will refund the full amount to you.
When your order arrives you must check for damages and/or shortages. Claims for damages and shortages have to be made within 48 hours of receipt of your delivery. Claims for damages or shortages made after this time may be refused.
If your goods have not reached you within 14 working days from the date they left us you will need to call 01473 786 610 to report your order as missing in transit. We allow a maximum of 28 days for you to let us know your goods haven’t arrived, if you haven’t contacted us by this time we will accept this as your acknowledgement for receipt of the goods.
If you wish to return a product, please refer to our returns policy. In addition to the terms of our returns policy, please note that unless the product is defective, you will be liable for both the delivery cost and any additional charge(s) for collecting the item.
Puzzle Room terms and conditions
These conditions are in reference to, although supersede, the Puzzle Room Frequently Asked Questions.
These booking conditions form the basis of your contract with Suffolk Food Hall Ltd, Wherstead, Suffolk, IP9 2AB (the Operator) in consideration of participating in any/all activities associated with real life escape/puzzle room games (the Activity). Please read these carefully. By making a booking, the person making the booking (“the Participant”, “you”, “your”, “they”) agrees on behalf of all participants to the following terms.
• has read these terms and has the authority to, and does agree to, be bound by them.
• has the consent of all members of the party before making a booking and has made all members of the party aware of these terms.
• will ensure that any participants joining to the group at a later date are also in receipt of the terms.
• is over 18 years of age and declares that all members of the party are over 8 years of age.
• accepts full responsibility for the welfare of all members of the party under 18 years of age.
• understands that there are potential risks involved in the Activity including but not limited to:
– the use of simple tools and objects
– being enclosed in a small room with up to eight people
– psychological stress and similar disorders
– dim lighting in rooms
• understands that if any member of their party has any medical problem or disability which may be at risk from the Activity, the Operator must be informed in advance of the booking so that advice can be given as to the suitability of the booking.
• acknowledges that while participating in the above noted Activity, they will be monitored by video camera and intercom
• acknowledges that they are liable for intentionally damaging any Operator items.
• acknowledges that they are not permitted to take any video or photos while participating in the Activity
• agrees that consumption of food or drink brought in from offsite is not permitted on the Operator’s premises.
• agrees that all members of the party will adhere to the room rules displayed, including but not limited to:
– not breaking any of the equipment
– not stepping onto or climbing on any of the furniture
– not tampering with or attempting to move items that are secured to the walls and ceiling
– not using any tools to disassemble the furniture or fixings
– not writing on any items other than paper provided
– not using any of your own items inside the rooms
– switching off or silencing mobile phones
The “Participant” waives, releases and discharges the Operator, its owners, officers, directors, employees, members, agents, assigns, legal representatives and successors, and all business associates and partners involved in the presentation and provision of the Activity and each of them their owners, officers and employees, from all liability for or by reason of any damage, loss or injury to person and property, even injury resulting in the death of the Participant, which has been or may be sustained in consequence of the Participant’s participation in the Activity, and notwithstanding that such damage, loss or injury may have been caused solely or partly by the negligence of the Operator.
The Operator does not accept liability where the performance of any contractual obligation is affected by reason of circumstances amounting to Force Majeure. In these booking conditions “Force Majeure” means any event which the Operator could not, even with all due care, foresee or avoid. Such events may include war or threat of war, riots, civil strife, terrorist activity, industrial dispute, natural or other disaster, adverse weather conditions, fire and similar events beyond the control of the Operator.
Making a booking
• is responsible for payment for all participants in the session, including any amendments.
• does not have a confirmed secured booking until the full amount of the booking has been paid in advance and a booking confirmation has been issued.
• reserves the right to return any payment and decline to issue a booking confirmation at any time and for any reason.
• reserves the right to amend listed prices without prior notice, although this will not affect a confirmed booking.
The Participant must provide the Operator with final participant numbers no later than one hour prior to the start of the booking. Although the Participant can increase the number of team members, a maximum of eight participants is permitted.
The Operator does not issue refunds (in whole or in part) for cancellation, reduction in the size of a party or for non-arrival by the Participant, although the Operator will endeavour to reschedule whenever possible and where not less than 48 hours’ notice is given by the Participant.
The Participant is responsible for ensuring that all participants arrive at least 15 minutes before the booking. Additional time will not be granted for late arrivals.
Right to refuse
The Operator reserves the right to refuse entry to any participant who is clearly intoxicated.
If the Operator believes that the actions of any participant could upset or disturb other customers, our suppliers or our own staff, or put them in any risk or danger, or damage property or believes that any participant is unfit to participate in the Activity, the Operator may prevent the Participant from continuing with the booking at any stage or from participating in the Activity.
The decision to refuse participation will be entirely at the discretion and judgement of the Operator and will result in the Participant forfeiting payment.
The Operator reserves the right to amend these terms at any time without prior written notice. The current terms are also available at www.suffolkfoodhall.co.uk/terms#puzzle-room
These terms supersede any previous terms and are governed in all respects by English law.
All bookings are subject to these terms which may not be varied without written agreement from the Operator.
Availability of these terms to the Participant (on booking and participation) constitutes acceptance, in entirety, if the Participant continues to participate in the Activity; even if the Participant does not sign the terms.
Please read in conjunction with the Frequently Asked Questions.
Registered: Suffolk Food Hall Ltd, Wherstead, Ipswich, IP9 2AB.
Registered in England No. 05980763 at the same address.
We’re on instagram