American Style Pancakes
Rachael gives us her perfect American Style Pancakes Recipe...
February 20, 2023
Try Rachael’s perfect American Style Pancakes …
- 200ml of Whole Milk
- 3 Large Gate Farm Free-Range Eggs
- 25g of Salted Butter + little extra for cooking
- 200g Marriages Self-Raising Flour
- 1 1/2 Tbsp of Baking Powder
- 12 Rashers of Our Smoked Streaky Bacon
- Buckwud’s Organic Maple Syrup
- 1 Tbsp of Silver Spoon Caster Sugar
- Pinch of Salt
- Preheat your grill to a medium to high heat to cook the bacon.
- Melt the butter then add in the milk and the eggs whisked.
- Next in a mixing bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, pinch of salt and the baking powder.
- Create a well in the flour mix then add the egg mix and whisk together with an electric whisk. whisk until almost smooth. A few lumps can help to create fluffy pancakes.
- Next, heat a non-stick frying pan on a medium heat, add a knob of butter. Make sure the whole pan has been coated in butter.
- When the butter starts to froth a little, pour in the pancake batter with a ladle.
- Whilst the pancakes cook, cook the bacon in the grill until crispy.
- Cook the pancake until small bubbles start to appear, this will normally take 1-2 minutes. When ready, flip the pancake over and cook until golden on both sides.
- Repeat until you use up the batter.
- Stack the pancakes and serves with the crispy bacon and lashings of maple syrup.