A Summer chicken & bacon Caesar salad with creamy avocado and crispy, garlicky. chicken fat roasted humdinger potatoes topped with Stokes creamy Caesar dressing.
- 4 Chicken Thighs – Skin on
- 6 Slices of Smoked Streaky Bacon
- Bottle of Stokes Caesar Dressing
- 2 Baby Gem Lettuces
- 1 Avocado – Sliced
- Half a pack of Tender Stem Broccoli
- 2 Free Range Eggs
- 500g of Humdinger Potatoes
- Small sprig of Dill
- 2 Garlic Cloves – Crushed
- Heat oven to 220c/Fan 200/Gas 7 and preheat your grill on medium heat. Put the chicken in an oven-proof dish. Season chicken with salt & pepper and add the crushed garlic to the dish. Cook for 40 minutes in the oven.
- Slice the potatoes into halves, then place the potatoes in a pan covered in salted water bring to a boil and simmer until tender.
- Slice the tender stems in half, length-wise then grill until charred, cook alongside the bacon on the grill.
- Carefully remove the potatoes, save the water for the eggs. Carefully add the potatoes to the chicken dish, by now the chicken skin should be releasing fat. Baste the potatoes in the chicken fat and place back in the oven to crispen.
- In the left-over potato water boil the eggs for 6-7 minutes for soft boiled eggs.
- When the chicken is cooked, carefully remove the skin. *Save the skin. Shred the meat off the bone.
- Start assembling your salad, then season with some cracked black pepper, a few sprigs of dill and a good drizzle of Stokes Caesar dressing. Enjoy!
**Place the skin flat on the grill and cook until crispy. For extra indulgence crumble up and sprinkle over the salad.