Limoncello is an Italian liqueur that originated in Southern Italy, particularly in the Amalfi Coast, Sorrento, and Capri regions. These areas are known for their abundant lemon groves.
Here’s our take on the drink using Suffolk Distillery’s own Limoncello.
- 25ml Suffolk Distillery Limoncello
- The Suffolk Food Hall Prosecco
- Ribbons of British Cucumber
- Mint Leaf Ice Cubes
- Handful of Mint Leaves
- One Lemon
- Fill a tall glass with mint ice cubes. This will help keep the cocktail cool and refreshing.
- Pour 25ml of Suffolk Distillery Limoncello into the glass.
- Slowly pour your Suffolk Food Hall Prosecco into the glass. The bubbles will add a delightful fizz to the cocktail. Adjust the amount of Prosecco to your preference, depending on how strong or light you want the fizz to be.
- Gently stir the mixture using a long spoon or cocktail stirrer. This will help incorporate the flavours and ensure the Limoncello and Prosecco are well mixed.
- Optionally, garnish the cocktail with a slice of lemon peel and a sprig of fresh mint. This adds a touch of aromatic essence and visual appeal to the drink.
- Serve the Limoncello Fizzo Cocktail Immediately and enjoy it on a sunny day, or whenever you’re in the mood for a refreshing and citrusy drink.