Rachael has been busy once again, this time she’s created a take on the Full English and a mashup with Toad in the Hole. It looks incredible, and I’ve been told tastes it too.
Full English Filling
- 4 Rashers of Our Own Smoked Streaky Bacon
- 2 Slices of Black Pudding cut in half
- 2 Vines of local Cherry Tomatoes
- 4 Our Own Broxstead Breakfast Sausages
- 2-4 Medium Gate Farm Free Range Eggs
- 8 Chestnut Mushrooms – stalks left in
- Virginia Rosemary Sprig
- 2-4 Hashbrowns
- Glug Hillfarm Rapeseed Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- 4 Medium Gate Farm, Free Range Eggs beaten
- 140g of Plain Flour
- 200ml of Milk
- Pinch of Salt
- Preheat the oven to 180c Fan, 200c Con, Gas mark 4.
- Cook the hash browns for as long as stated on the pack or until golden and crispy.
- For the batter, beat the eggs well and add to the plain flour. Using an electric whisk, whisk the eggs and flour, and slowly add the milk. Whisk until the batter is smooth.
- In an oven-proof dish add the sausages and a good glug of oil to just cover the bottom of the dish. Season with salt and pepper. Put in the oven for 15 minutes or until sausages are browned.
- Add the rest of the fillings except the hashbrowns and the eggs. Spoon over some of the oil from the bottom of the dish.
- Roast in the oven for 10 minutes then remove and add the hashbrowns and quickly add the batter, evenly distributing it. Place back in the oven for 25 minutes. Do not be tempted to open the door as the batter will be more likely to sink.
- After 25 minutes carefully remove from the oven and if golden and crispy, make small wells in the batter and crack the eggs into them. Place back in the oven for roughly 5-6 minutes, or until the eggs are cooked.
- Serve hot and with a generous dollop of Stokes Tomato Ketchup.